Scott Dannemiller is the Chief Learning Officer with Executive Development Associates. He has been working in the training and organizational development field since 1994 as a facilitator, coach, manager, and business owner. Scott is a skilled facilitator and program developer who consistently receives exceptional reviews for his engaging, high energy workshops. He specializes in teaching practical skills using interactive learning methods. Scott’s passion is working with intact work teams to improve group effectiveness, whether it is teaching new techniques to improve interpersonal dynamics, or using process tools to improve critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making.
Scott’s wide range of experience has allowed him to partner with clients to deliver programs and coaching to high potentials, managers, and senior executives on a variety of topics including:
- Team and meeting effectiveness Management and leadership development Problem solving and decision making Change management
- Critical and strategic thinking Executive presence
- Negotiation skills and conflict resolution Coaching and feedback
- Communication and collaboration Motivation
Scott has had the opportunity to work with a variety of organizations, from Fortune 25 companies to small, non profit groups. His desire to see organizations achieve success is ever-present in his personal approach to facilitation and instruction.
Since 1994, Scott has worked with organizations including:
- A.O. Smith Internal Revenue Service Nokia
- Asurion King Faisal Specialist Hospital OGE
- Blue Cross Blue Shield KPMG State Farm Cabela’s McGuire Woods US Army
- Expedia.com Medtronic US Marines Federal Reserve Bank Microsoft, Inc. US Navy
M.S. in Telecommunications Management (Combined MBA and Electrical Engineering curriculum) B.A. in Mass Communication
Certifications & Qualifications:
MBTI Master Practitioner, Myers-Briggs Type Indicator Instrument®, MBTI® Certification Facilitator FIRO-B®, CPI 260® Leadership Assessment, Thomas-Killman Conflict Mode Instrument, Watson Glaser™ II Critical Thinking Appraisal, Applied Critical Thinking, Problem Solving and Decision Making, Innovative Interchange®