When your organization has an open job position, there is a lot that goes into the staffing or recruiting process. As per a study report, it is estimated that around 46 percent of talent leaders reveal that searching for the right candidates is quite a difficult process. Moreover, around 52 percent of hiring managers struggle finding top candidates amongst the list of available applications.
If you are struggling with finding the right talent manually, your organization can think of leveraging a feature-rich staffing or recruiting software solution to come across the most productive applicants. Let us help you find the best staffing software to fit your unique HR needs.
What is Staffing Software?
For any business owner, hiring the right team or people is one of the most challenging tasks. Staffing software serves to be an all-in-one solution that is designed to simplify the overall recruitment process -even when your organization might not have a dedicated HR department. The right staffing software tool or solution can hep in saving ample time and resources by allowing you to come across the right candidates in a cost-effective and efficient manner.
Most staffing programs within organizations offer a wide range of automated functionalities -right from job posting to applicant tracking, candidate sourcing, third-party integration, employee onboarding, and so more. However, the best staffing software tool will also ensure analytics and reporting capabilities to help in further streamlining your staff recruitment process.
How to Find the Best Staffing Software for Your Business?
Choosing the right staffing software simply involves looking for a solution that aligns perfectly with your business goals. In addition to evaluating the overall features of the software, you should also consider whether you will leverage it is as a source to maintain applicant database or as a way of finding applicants on the basis of values that match your company culture and needs.
Some important tips are:
- Keep in Mind the Size of Your Firm: Depending on the size of your organization, you can decide on the specific staffing software you should use. Whether you operate a small business or a large-scale enterprise, the hiring models will be different for different businesses. Therefore, based on your specific business model and the size of the organization, you should analyze the right recruiting software to fulfill your organizational needs.
- Choose a User-friendly Interface: One of the most common complaints regarding legacy systems is that they can be quite complex and less appealing. It is important to learn from these mistakes. Modern versions of recruiting software solutions for businesses should feature a user-friendly and intuitive design.
On an overall basis, the hiring software you choose should have an attractive user interface. Some of the user-friendly features to look out for are a drag-and-drop functionality, unlimited customizations, automated data entry, and so more.
- Look for analytics and Report Generation: Recruitment or staffing nowadays is a data-driven functionality. This implies that you are expected to instantly observe while making relevant sense of existing data. To understand how efficiently a staffing software tool is working, you need to look into information like the source of candidates, the hiring velocity, the cost for every hire, the recruiting funnel and its health, and so more.
The delivery of relevant data can help you in understanding what is performing well and what’s not. As such, you can know where you need to include process improvements while applying software features on underperforming recruiting functions.
- Search for Mobility and Accessibility: Mobility is no longer a viable option for ATS or staffing software, it is becoming a necessity. A major population of adults make use of mobile devices for almost everything. The recruiting software solution that is optimized for mobile use can make it simpler for the candidates to apply.
Hiring managers, recruiters, and other executives who are a part of the hiring process can look forward to benefitting from observing and responding to applications on the go. Based on the characteristics of the job, receiving alerts with respect to applicants can help in improving communications while allowing the recruiters to make the best use of the overall time.
- Choose a Scalable Software: Talent acquisition and recruitment processes change constantly. Therefore, it is crucial for modern technology to evolve as well as develop as your organizational requirements will change. Staffing software is a long-term investment. What your HR department will need on the first day might not be necessarily needed in the duration of 2-3 years.
Selection of a scalable recruitment software solution will make sure that your system remains future-proof while being further developed as well as adapted to meet specific requirements your organization will have in the future.
The Benefits of Staffing Software
- Improved Productivity: A reliable hiring software solution screens and schedules interviews on the behalf of the recruiters. Therefore, it allows HR managers to focus more time on other core HR-related activities.
- Streamlined Data: The high-end software solution is capable of collecting data about applicants -like those who have viewed the job application and how many applicants have applied for the job profile. You can leverage relevant data to improve the staffing process.
- Finding Better Candidates: As a reliable recruiting software tool allows you to screen applicants depending on the specific needs of your organization, you can come across better-suited candidates in the search customized to the job opening.
- Improved Sourcing: Most businesses do not know where they should look for the right talent. With the help of a feature-rich staffing software tool, you can analyze and improving the sourcing strategy.
Some Mistakes to Avoid
- Not using engaging content on the recruitment system
- Not offering a clear idea of what you want the system to do
- Underestimating timescales and costs
- Ignoring software training
- Rushing data migrations
As a business owner, while buying the staffing software solution, it is important to note that the system you decide on should be aimed at making the recruitment process easier for the entire hiring team.